Indoor Air Quality
Air Conditioning Repair and Maintenance in Los Angeles, CA by Air Classic
The manufacturers of modern residential air conditioning systems make their products to last for years while experiencing a minimum of malfunctions. But no machine is perfect, and no appliance can work without starting to wear down. When you think about how much the average AC runs during a summer in Los Angeles, CA, you’ll understand why they need professional repair service at times when the strain overwhelms their components.
Along with repairs done when needed, air conditioning systems should have routine maintenance service once a year. A technician only needs an hour or so to do a full inspection, tune-up, and cleaning to see that the AC unit is in the best condition to handle the rigors of hot weather. If you are looking to arrange for annual maintenance for your air conditioner, or if you need repairs done for a faulty cooling system, you can call on Air Classic to have everything taken care of.
The HVAC professionals at Air Classic offer high quality air conditioning repair and air conditioning maintenance in Los Angeles and Santa Clarita, CA.
Signs You Should Call for Professional AC Repairs
Not all air conditioning malfunctions are immediately obvious. If your AC stops sending out cool air or won’t turn on at all, you’ll know you need to call for AC repairs; but watch for these more subtle signs that it’s time to call on skilled HVAC technicians:
- Unusual sounds from the cabinet – If noises you don’t normally hear from your AC start to come from the cabinet—such as clanging, hissing, grinding, or clicking—you should call for technicians to investigate the source.
- Ice on the indoor coil – You may feel tempted to dismiss the formation of ice on the coil as a byproduct of the cooling process. But it isn’t. It’s a sign of major problem with the coil losing the ability to absorb heat, and it needs immediate attention.
- Unexplained rise in electrical bills – An air conditioner may seem outwardly to be working fine, but if it is contributing to higher electrical bills, a malfunction is probably forcing it to work harder than it should.
The Benefits of Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance
Routine AC maintenance should be scheduled each spring with a reliable HVAC contractor to prep the system for summer. Here are only a few of the benefits this will bring you:
- Maintain system efficiency – For each year that an air conditioner goes without an inspection and tune–up, it will lose a percentage of its energy efficiency and cost more to run. A regular maintenance session will help you keep bills under control.
- Reduce repairs – With regular cleaning and adjustments to reduce strain on moving parts, an air conditioner will require few repairs during most of its service life.
- Longevity – You can expect an AC to last up to and beyond its estimated service life thanks to regular maintenance. If it goes without, it will probably need an early replacement.
We Handle Air Conditioner Repair and Maintenance
The HVAC technicians at Air Classic are ready to answer your call when you encounter an air conditioning repair need, emergency or otherwise. We also offer a maintenance program to handle the yearly inspections and tune–ups that will keep your AC working in peak condition one summer after the other. Call today to find out more about our maintenance program or to schedule fast repair work in Los Angeles, CA.